The Trust Wide Care Programme Approach Policy (including arrangements for Standard Care Plan) has now been published at Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust following a review of the outgoing CPA Policy; it identifies best practice as outlined by the Department of Health, Nice Guidance and the various frameworks supporting practice. There was consultation across Leeds and York – clinical groups, service user and carer groups, social care and partner agencies.
Of note, the following are included within the policy:
- The term ‘Standard Care Plan’ will be used to describe the arrangements for people not on CPA (this replaces the term ‘care plan’)
- Involving people in developing their Care Plan and writing the care plan in a way to reflect this
- The person (and their carer if agreed) should be provided with a copy of their Care Plan
- Agreeing with the individual the best way to arrange their ‘Review’ – CPA or Standard Care Plan
- Guidelines for Section 117 Aftercare including template for discharge or transfer – these have been agreed across the local authorities in Leeds, York and North Yorkshire
You can find a copy of The Trust Wide Care Programme Approach Policy (including arrangements for Standard Care Plan) here.
The policy will be reviewed again in 2016, work on that will start in the next 9 -12 months. In the meantime, please feel free to leave your comments or feedback, they will be considered in the review. Nearer the time, I will be asking for people to express interest in getting involved with the review……..
Donna Kemp | CPA Development Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org